Social MEdia internship
About Hella Black Hella Seattle
Created in spring of 2016 by longtime friends and Seattle natives Alaina Caldwell, Jasmine Jackson and Eula Scott Bynoe, Hella Black Hella Seattle is a podcast that preserves and creates community for people of color (POC).
The idea for the podcast was birthed from conversations about scarcity for POC communities in Seattle. Our solution is to use podcasting as a platform to create access, provide education and increase opportunities for communities of color and by communities of color.
Hella Black Hella Seattle subscribers and listeners span across age, race, sexual orientation, gender, education level, occupation, religion, and income level. Our intersectional content includes everything from DJ mixtapes to events happening in and around Seattle, to restaurants and food reviews to in-depth interviews with local changemakers, activists, artists and leaders.
About the Internship
In the spirit of increasing access and opportunities for communities of color, we are pleased to be able to offer three hands-on paid internships with Hella Black Hella Seattle this fall in the following areas of interest: Social Media Marketing, Production & Editing, and Hosting/Broadcasting.
In addition to learning from and assisting with our podcast throughout the duration of the internship, our three interns will collaborate to produce two episodes that will air at the conclusion of the internship period in November 2017.
The internship period will run October 3, 2017 - November 30, 2017, and Metro fare will be covered for weekly meetings and recording dates and field work. Compensation for the entire internship period is a $1,500 stipend.
The time commitment will vary between 5-10 hours/week, depending on training and field assignments. Recording sessions are typically 3 hours every other week, and post-recording training/education sessions will be no more than 2 hours on non-recording weeks. Off-site assignments will typically take between 1-2 hours each week to complete.
The Social Media Internship will be a deep dive into digital media marketing strategies across all of our digital channels (website, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat). The scope of work will include the following:
- Assisting with social media, including Website, Blogs, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Shadowing Podcast Mentors as they schedule, prepare and manage social media
- Learning how to create and fulfill a social media and marketing timeline
- Best practices for each of the channels
- How to understand and use analytics, as well as digital engagement strategies
About our ideal Intern
- You are someone who loves what our podcast is about, understands our voice and sense of humor, and are interested in pursuing a career in PR, Marketing, Communications or Promotions. Previous experience in radio or podcasting marketing is a plus but not required!
- You are also responsible and dependable, have a positive attitude, and a really good sense of humor.
- You are also available on weekends and evenings for our occasional events and appearances.
- You are between the ages of 21-24 (this is, after all, being funded by a grant titled the “Youth Opportunity Fund”).
- You are not required to be enrolled in school. But if you are, good for you!
Like what you see? Good!
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to use the following subject line: "Social Media Internship Application: YOUR NAME"